[Method] Shallow water blackout

Discussion in 'Sanctioned Suicide' started by Threads, Dec 5, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

1. Threads

Threads Mod

(THIS IS A REPOST)

This is a very easy, painless, free method, that can very easily pass as accidental.

Directions:
    https://imgur.com/a/cNul4r7

I haven’t seen it mentioned before, but they sure like to warn us about it, basically giving us instructions by doing the opposite of their points

Instructions:
    https://imgur.com/a/0Kin07q

This is a excerpt from their website:

WHO: Shallow water blackout (SWB) can affect anyone who is breath-holding, even the physically fit swimmer. It is especially seen in competitive swimmers, Navy SEALs, snorkelers, spearfishermen or anyone who free-dives. Blackouts cut across the spectrum of freediver training affecting all levels. No one is protected from succumbing to an underwater blackout.

WHAT: Shallow Water Blackout results from hypoxia (low oxygen) to the brain. What triggers one to breathe is elevation of carbon dioxide (CO2), not low oxygen (O2). One basically “blacks out” or faints in the water. For some, their lungs will take on water leading to drowning while others simply suffocate or die of other causes brought on by the breath-holding. **Death can be a result of the prolonged breath-holding, even if not from so called “Shallow Water Blackout.” Breath-holding may stimulate genetic triggers leading to various causes of death.

WHERE: Shallow Water Blackout can occur in any body of water (pool, lake, river, ocean or bath tub) when breath-holding under water, regardless of water depth. Even if lifeguards are on duty, there is still a great risk because it is hard to detect from above the water.

WHEN: Frequently, Shallow Water Blackout occurs WITHOUT ANY WARNING of its onset. In fact, because of the hypoxia and detached mental state one can feel euphoric and empowered to continue breath-holding. Unlike regular drowning where there can be 6-8 minutes before brain damage and death, there are ONLY about 2 ½ minutes before BRAIN DAMAGE then DEATH with SWB because the brain has already been oxygen deprived coupled with warm water as in swimming pools, hastening brain death.

WHY: Shallow Water Blackout occurs because of the LACK OF EDUCATION, AWARENESS, and UNDERSTANDING of the dangers of breath-holding. It also occurs because of the lack of safety training for swimmers, freedivers, snorkelers, and spearfishermen. The breath-holders do not understand how to prevent Shallow Water Blackout or how to survive if it happens to them. Unfortunately, training does not inoculate one against SWB. All too often trained freedivers succumb.

tldr: hyperventilate yourself then hold your breath underwater. You will blackout long before you are out of breath, and death comes within 3-4 minutes after that.

Now keep in mind, these people are not trying to die. These are the statistics of free divers who died from underwater blackouts. This is called a freedive blackout.

I think this is the best Statistics I’ll be able to find that shed some light onto the effectiveness of SWB

Table 1
    https://imgur.com/a/6R3uSk0

Table 2
    https://imgur.com/a/0ev85Pi

Here are their results:
      • A total of 417 freediving accident cases were captured; 308 fatal and 109 non-fatal.
      • 51±9 (40-63) fatal cases annually (Figure 1).
      • Incidents were reported from 56 countries.
      • 46% in America; 11% in Australia; and single digits elsewhere.
      • Freediving victims were 41±17 (5-93) years of age (92% known) (Figure 2).
      • Most freediving victims were male(86%)
        • Dive activity was described as snorkeling (46%), spearfishing (25%), freediving (18%) and collecting (11%) (92% known).
        • Incidents were reported in ocean (90%), swimming pools (3.6%), lakes/quarries (3.3%), rivers/springs (1.8%) and other (1.3%) (94% known).
        • Witnesses were present in 61% of cases (64% known) but generally with incomplete details of the event.
        • The majority of victims were diving with a partner or group (59% known) (Figure 3).
        • Disabling injuries were most obvious with acute animal or boat trauma. The most common disabling agent was loss of consciousness, typically intuited in fatal cases from witness reports and/or circumstances due to the lack of physical evidence.
        • Initial triggers were frequently impossible to confirm in fatal cases.
        • Excessive hyperventilation was most frequently suspected.
        • Health issues implicated for many older victims.

Discuss

2. Sinbad

Sinbad Self-Annihilation is loading... 25%

I am hyperventilating just by reading through your post. Drowning scars me!

Deafsn0w and McShuckle like this.
  3. Xerxes

Xerxes Master

Nothing like getting your heart rate up by waterboarding yourself, then drowning in a body of water.

Deafsn0w and McShuckle like this.
  4. Ben

Ben im here for a good time, not a long time

...I mean, I asked you to take this down, and I can understand you wanting to leave the information here because it’s potentially a viable method...but could you change my wording of

“This is a very easy, painless, free method that can very easily pass as accidental”

One of the reasons I asked for it to be deleted was because i made it seem like is super easy and it’s god’s gift to people who want to CTB...it’s not easy and it’s dangerous.

Edit: It just would of been nice to know you were just going to resubmit my post after taking it down. I would of suggested to leave the original up but just edit it, because the original had a lot of informative responses. Now it’s just back to square one, stripped of all testimonies, and being presented in a glowing manner again.

#4 Ben, Dec 5, 2018 at 11:44 AM
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 12:08 PM
  5. weedoge

weedoge Weirdo genderfuc k freak

Yep, was about to say the same thing. Calling it easy is as misleading as calling partial free from discomfort. I appreciate the maturity it takes to point out something you posted in the past and reconsider it.

At the very least, a lot of research needs to be done here. This site is largely for "harm reduction" when choosing a suicide method and I feel such a thread without a wealth of research goes against that a little bit.

Ben likes this.
  6. weedoge

weedoge Weirdo genderfuc k freak

Hey threads can you post the source for those statistics too please, the second lot are indented and so I'm not really sure the context.

Ben likes this.
  7. Ben

Thanks, it’s clear to me now that my post was misleading. I would of appreciated being asked if my words could be reposted after I asked them to be deleted. I don’t see the point of taking something down if it’s just going to be put right back up. @Threads when you get a chance, please chime in.

8. Ben

weedoge likes this.